By Jordan Williams
Evening and weekend students at Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley are invited to attend Academic Support Day on Saturday, Oct. 27. The event will run 10 a.m to 2 p.m. at the Student Success Center inside Penn Valley’s Campus Center.
Academic Support Day is a new resource to help students reach their academic goals. They will have access to tutors, academic advisors, placement testing and the campus library. Academic Support Day is a great opportunity for evening and weekend students to take advantage of services typically offered during regular business hours.
“Our goal is to accommodate our evening and weekend students as they continue to strive for completion,” said Christine Howell, MCC-Penn Valley’s interim dean of instruction. “I encourage our Saturday students to take advantage of this opportunity to serve their busy schedules.”
- Purchase books from the Campus Store
- Meet with an subject matter tutor
- Sit down with an advisor to discuss degree plan options
- Get information on financial aid planning and assistance with completing the FAFSA
- Take or schedule a placement test (testing will be done on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Access campus library resources, including the computer lab and librarians
Students will also be encouraged to register for spring semester classes.
For more information about MCC, call 816.604.1000 or visit mcckc.edu.