And the winner is … ? Well, it’s a secret for now, but on Thursday, Dec. 7, Metropolitan Community College will reveal its new mascot!
The votes have been tallied, and we want you to be there when our campuses unveil the winning mascot. On Dec. 7, each campus will have a mascot unveiling party. The MCC family and the public are invited to join us for cookies and punch at 11:45 a.m., with the official reveal of the mascot at noon.
The five finalists
- MCC Jazz
- MCC Knights
- MCC Mustangs
- MCC Thunderbirds
- MCC Wolves
Dec. 7 party locations by campus
- MCC-Blue River: Campus Center near Café (2nd floor)
- MCC-Business & Technology: Campus East Lobby near Testing Center
- MCC-Longview: Campus Life and Leadership Office near Café
- MCC-Maple Woods: Campus Life and Leadership Office /Student Center Commons
- MCC-Penn Valley: Campus Center lobby near bookstore
Mascot image/design contest details
Also on Dec. 7, MCC will open a contest to accept ideas for the new mascot’s image and design. The deadline for design proposals will be midnight Monday, Jan. 26. Details of where and how to submit will be provided via MCC’s website on Dec. 7. The winning image/design entry will be used help build a sense of community among all MCC campuses and represent positive qualities, and consider the culture and history of MCC and the communities it serves, among other things.
- Contest entries will be accepted from Dec. 7–Jan. 26.
- $100 prize for the winning entry
- All MCC students, faculty and staff, alumni and administrators are welcomed and encouraged to enter.
- See contest rules, procedures and entry details by clicking here. starting Dec. 7 at noon.