Nearly 60 top employers will attend Metropolitan Community College-Longview’s Spring Job Fair on Wednesday, March 8, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the MCC-Longview Recreation Center, 500 S.W. Longview Road in Lee’s Summit.
The event is free and open to MCC students and the public.
Career services coordinator Linda Anderson says she’s excited to welcome employers and job seekers to campus.
“We utilized every inch of space in the gym to accommodate the employers who wanted to be included in the event,” Anderson says.
Businesses will be recruiting for full-time and part-time jobs and internships in all areas.
For more than 15 years, businesses and potential employees have been making the perfect job connection at the annual event. For example:
- “Anybody can use a little bit of luck, but it’s definitely about getting your name out there.” – Cole, successful job applicant
- “Your job fair was impressive and I wish you continued success with it.” – Tony, job seeker
- “We hired Monica in April of last year. Monica is awesome with customers, reliable and an all-around great find.” – Cindy Wilson, Cosentino’s Human Resources
- “We have hired people on the spot every year we have been there.” — Justin Kirn, McDonald’s recruiter
Employers at the MCC-Longview Spring Job Fair will include:
- Ameristar Casino & Hotel
- Andy’s Frozen Custard
- Aspen Contracting Inc.
- Austen-Dooley Co.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City
- Capital Investment Management
- Central Bank of the Midwest
- Charter Communications
- Children’s Mercy Hospital
- City of Lee’s Summit
- City Wide Maintenance
- Columbia College
- Commerce Bank
- Cosentino’s Food Stores
- Crowd Systems
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security – National Records Center
- Down To Earth Services
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
- Equity Bank
- FedEx Ground
- Gear for Sports
- Government Employees Health Association
- Greater Kansas City Business Leadership Network
- Green Lantern Car Wash
- Harrah’s Casino
- Inside Ventures
- Jefferson Healthcare
- John Knox Village
- Johnson County Sheriff’s Office
- Lee’s Summit R-7 School District
- Metropolitan Community College
- Nurse Next Door
- Operation Breakthrough
- Our Lady of the Presentation Early Childhood Center
- Paradise Park
- QuikTrip Distribution
- Raymore-Peculiar School District
- Reisner Lawn Care
- Renewal by Andersen
- Sabates Eye Centers
- Saint Luke’s East Hospital
- Sky Zone
- State Street Corp.
- The Olinger Insurance Agency, LLC
- The University of Kansas Hospital
- Tingle Flooring
- Tradehome Shoes
- TransAm Trucking, Inc.
- U.S. Coast Guard
- Weed Man
- YMCA of Greater Kansas City
The MCC-Longview Spring Job Fair is co-sponsored by the Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce.
“More Than a Paycheck”
The day before the Spring Job Fair, MCC students will get a chance to make sure they are fully prepared to speak with prospective employers.
“More Than a Paycheck” is an informational session offered on Tuesday, March 7, at the MCC-Longview Education Center, 500 S.W. Longview Rd., Lee’s Summit. At the session, students will learn what to wear to meet employers and get resume tips. They will get a walk-through of the event, as well as a professional online photo.
Forty-five minute sessions are available at noon, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. RSVP at careercentral.mcckc.edu or call 816.604.2155 to enroll. A drawing for a college survival kit valued at $75 will be given away at each session.
This event is sponsored by MCC-Longview Career Services and Campus Life and Leadership.