Once again this year, Metropolitan Community College, in partnership with Next Step KC, is hosting IRS-certified counselors from Voluntary Income Tax Assistance for those who qualify for free aid in doing their taxes.
Tax services (federal and state electronic e-filing) for individuals with a household income of less than $54,000 are available on three MCC campuses from now through April: MCC-Longview, MCC-Maple Woods and MCC-Penn Valley.
The following link provides details on the documents (if applicable) that taxpayers should bring with them to the tax site: Click here for tax documents.
The MCC locations and schedule:
MCC-Longview VITA site information
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Saturdays from Feb. 4-April 15
- Open Feb. 4, Feb. 11, Feb. 18, Feb. 25, March 4, March 1, March 25, April 1, April 8, April 15
- EXCEPTIONS: Closed March 18 (MCC’s spring break)
- MCC-Longview is at 500 S.W. Longview Road, Lee’s Summit. Go to Business building (BU), Rooms 202 and 204
MCC-Maple Woods VITA site information
- 4- 7 p.m. Wednesdays from Feb. 1-April 12
- Open Feb. 1, Feb. 8, Feb. 15, Feb. 22, April, 5, April 12
- EXCEPTIONS: Closed the month of March
- MCC-Maple Woods is at 2601 N.E. Barry Rd, Kansas City. Go to the Computing Business Building (CB), Room 105
MCC-Penn Valley VITA site information
- 5-7 p.m. Tuesdays from Feb. 7-April 11
- Open Feb. 7, Feb. 14, Feb. 21, Feb. 28, March 7, March 21, March 28, April 4, April 11
- EXCEPTIONS: Closed March 14 (MCC’s spring break)
- MCC-Penn Valley is at 3201 Southwest Traffficway, Kansas City. Go to the Humanities building, Room 103B