The Metropolitan Community College-Maple Woods Jennie Frederick Gallery is pleased to offer the works of local artists this spring.
Here is a look at the events scheduled:
Photography by Mo Perez, 2013 MCC-Maple Woods graduate
- Monday, Feb. 6 – Thursday, Feb. 23,
- Perez will give an artist’s talk on Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 11 a.m. in MCC-Maple Woods HU209.
- Also on Feb. 22 from 4-6 p.m., there will be an artist’s closing reception with a live interactive performance at 5 p.m.
- Perez recently earned a bachelor of fine arts degree with an emphasis in photography from Missouri Western State University. Perez’s work is socially minded and intended to provoke thought and discussion. She is excited to return to campus and present work in recognition of Black History Month.
- Open to the public. Refreshments provided.
Art and Illustrations by Laura Huliska Beith
- Tuesday, March 7-Friday, March 24
- Beith will give an artist’s talk Tuesday, March 7 at 10 a.m. in MCC-Maple Woods HU 209, Beith will will share her experiences as an illustrator that includes art for children’s’ books, editorials, and even popular board games.
- Laura Huliska Beith is a professional illustrator living in Kansas City. She is a graduate from Kansas City Art Institute, and has worked as an instructor at the institute and for the Blue Valley School District.
- Open to the MCC community.
The Jennie Frederick Gallery is located at 2601 NE Barry Road, Kansas City. Gallery hours are by appointment.