The Chorale, which is based at the MCC-Blue River campus, consists of approximately 50 musicians from the Kansas City area.
Under the direction of Rebecca Johnson, D.M.A., the Metropolitan Chorale continues to be one of Kansas City’s most celebrated choral ensembles. “We work hard and love doing it.” says Johnson.
Upcoming November performance: ‘Psalms’
- Date and time: Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016, 7:30 p.m.
- The sacred space of the Stone Church is the perfect backdrop for an evening of Psalms during the season of Thanksgiving. The music of well-loved composers like John Rutter and John Ness Beck will sit side-by-side with works from composers new to many. The concert will be sure to engage the listener in an evening of eclectic and altogether beautiful song.
- Location: Stone Church, 1012 W. Lexington Ave., Independence, Mo.
- Admission: Adults-$5, Seniors/Children-$3 — Doors open at 7 p.m.
Other seasonal notes:
- MCC was pleased to have the Metropolitan Chorale perform the National Anthem for MCC Night at the K on Sept., 13 before the Royals game.
- The Chorale will also be singing the anthem for an MCC all-employee in-service event on Nov. 22.
And mark the calendar for a springtime concert, as well: ‘Sunny Days Ahead’
- Date and time: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation has raised more than $100 million in their dedication to pediatric cancer research, helping to fund over 475 cutting-edge research projects since 2000. Though Alexandra (Alex) Flynn Scott, founder of the lemonade stand at age 4, is no longer with us, her legacy of strength, hope, and better things to come live on. Come tap your toes with the Chorale as they remind you of sunny days, lemonade stands, and baseball (did someone say Royals??), all while raising money for this wonderful organization.
- Location: Beacon Heights Community of Christ, 19402 E Holke Rd, Independence, Mo.
- Tickets: Adults-$10, Seniors/Children-$4 (Available in advance from Chorale members or at the door.). Doors open at 7 p.m.
The Metropolitan Chorale of Kansas City is open to college students and community members of all ages by audition and interview.
The Chorale has performed throughout Missouri and from coast to coast, including performances with the San Diego Symphony, for Independence Day Celebrations in Washington D.C. and for the Missouri Music Educators Convention. The chorale made its international debut in 2006 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
To audition, or for more information, please contact Rebecca Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-604-6508.