For the first time, the first day to submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) has been moved up to Oct. 1.
With the change in dates for the availability of the FAFSA from Jan. 1 to Oct.1, Metropolitan Community College encourages students and prospective students to complete the application early in preparation for the next academic year.
MCC also uses applications to determine other types of aid a student might qualify for, including A+ benefits.
MCC is hosting several come-and-go events collegewide to help students and their families complete the FAFSA.
Upcoming FAFSA events will be held as follows:
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 1-7 p.m.: MCC-Business & Technology, Campus Center Room 200E. Address: 1775 Universal Ave, Kansas City, MO 64129.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2-6 p.m.: MCC-Longview, Campus Center. Address: 500 S.W. Longview Road, Lee’s Summit, MO 64081.
- Thursday, Oct. 27, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.: MCC-Blue River, Campus Center Rooms 129 and 203. Address: 20301 E. 78 Highway, Independence, MO 64057.
- Sunday, Nov. 6, 2-4 p.m.: MCC Health Science Institute (part of MCC-Penn Valley). Address: 3444 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111.
- Sunday, Nov. 13, 2-4 p.m.: MCC-Maple Woods, Student Center. Address: 2601 N.E. Barry Road, Kansas City, MO 64156.
MCC offers payment plans to break up tuition payments over time. Contact financial aid experts to customize a plan and get help with the process, 816.604.1000.
MCC’s FAFSA school code of 002484.
Click the picture to take you directly to federal FAFSA form website.
FAFSA assistance will be offered at more than 100 events in Missouri. Students and their families can receive free help completing the form at more than 100 FAFSA Frenzy events this year. Events will be held October through January at
locations across the state.