Back to Sisterhood: Women of Color Leadership Summit
Thursday, April 30, 2015
8 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
MCC-Penn Valley EC building
The Second Annual Back to Sisterhood: Women of Color Leadership Summit is designed to address issues facing young women of color in their communities, as well as leadership roles and responsibilities in high school and on college campuses.
Special focus will be placed on initiatives that can be worked through coaching and mentoring and program development for student leaders. This conference is designed for upper high school and collegiate women focusing on college preparation and emerging leaders that are looking for resources and programs that will assist them with issues like civility, relationship-building, responsibility to the community and, of course, academic success.
- Provide a space for young women in high school and college to address issues facing women of color in their communities and within the greater society.
- Create an environment for learning and reflection
- Promote unity, self-respect and responsibility by providing resources and mentorship
- Empower women of color who have challenges seeing past their present circumstances.
- Promote academic and professional success by educating young women of their college and professional opportunities
Space is limited; please register early for this event.
We look forward to your participation in the Back to Sisterhood; Women’s Leadership Summit. It is our hope to provide you and your students with a valuable experience that meets the needs of your schools. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the committee at Gabrielle.Moore@mcckc.edu or Tiyah.Western@mcckc.edu.