Economic Modeling Specialists Intl. or ESMI is a a CareerBuilder company that turns labor market data into useful information to help bring awareness to the connections between economies, people, and work. The company works to communicate a skilled, well-prepared workforce drives economic prosperity. They use economic principles and data to help educational institutions, workforce planners, and regional developers build a better workforce and improve economic conditions. EMSI published a report in June of 2014 that details Metropolitan Community College- Kansas City’s Economic Impact.
According to that report, the data explains:
- Thanks to the investment the community makes in MCC, tuition is about one-third the cost of public universities and significantly less expensive than private career and technical colleges.
- Ninety-six percent of MCC students work in the area after they graduate.
- For every dollar students invest in MCC, they receive $4.40 in higher future income over the course of their working lives.
- The education achieved by MCC students translates to $837 million in added regional income each year.
- Starting salaries for MCC graduates with associate degrees in the dozens of high-demand career programs MCC offers such as engineering, industrial technology, computer networking and nursing range from $45,000 to
$65,000 per year.
- MCC’s Institute for Workforce Innovation, listed among the Top 25 Area Management Consultant Firms by the Kansas City Business Journal, has directly trained more than 21,000 workers and provided customized training and consulting services to more than 350 companies and organizations.