Nine MCC medical interpreter courses have been recognized by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID), a national organization that promotes excellence in sign language services.
The courses approved by RID include:
- Advanced Interpreting Technique
- Advanced Medical Interpreting Skills
- Women’s Health, Labor and Delivery
- Mental Health
- Cultural Competency for Interpreters
- Understanding Medical Interpreter Certification
- Interpreting for Teen Patients
- Legal Issues and Language Access
RID approval means that workers who complete these courses can receive continuing education units (CEUs). In addition to providing cross-training and enrichment opportunities, CEUs help professionals maintain certification in their chosen field.
The medical interpreter courses were already IACET approved for continuing education. Having two major national organizations’ approval not only demonstrates the quality of these courses, but gives course completers a competitive edge in the job market.