When Second Lady and community college instructor Dr. Jill Biden visited MCC this week, along with Asst. Labor Secretary Jane Oates, the two community college advocates not only brought to light the great things Missouri’s community colleges are doing, but they also drew considerable local, regional and national media attention to MCC.
Many news outlets covered the event, which included a roundtable discussion about MoHealthWINs, a state-wide, grant-funded program that lines up college curricula with employer needs in the health services sector.
See below for links to some of the news coverage.
- MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47232687/ns/local_news-kansas_city_mo/t/report-vp-biden-visits-kansas-city-mon/
- USA Today/Stevens Point Journal: http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/usatoday/article/39175303
- KCTV5 News
- Fox4 News
- KMBC9 News: http://www.kmbc.com/politics/30977859/detail.html
- NBC41 Action News
- The Kansas City Star
- KMBZ radio: http://www.kmbz.com/pages/12988759.php?contentType=4&contentId=10510184
- STL Today: http://www.stltoday.com/news/state-and-regional/missouri/jill-biden-assistant-labor-secretary-visit-kc/article_666a1878-92aa-5a6d-becd-0db323f56f9c.html
- Silo Breaker: http://www.silobreaker.com/jill-bidens-kc-visit-is-good-timing-5_2265658346004545559
- Ozarks First: http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=639382
- KCMetro.com: http://kcmetro.com/2012043043430/local-news/kansas-city/joe-and-jill-biden-visit-kansas-city.html
The event was also touted on a number of social media channels and is expected to earn additional media coverage in the coming week, including in the Kansas City Nursing News, The Current (MCC’s student newspaper) and the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City’s website.