On March 7, 2012, 10 MCC-Penn Valley students were inducted into the Upsilon Kappa Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa at the Penn Valley campus. The ceremony took place in the campus center and was attended by campus president Dr. Joe Seabrooks, Dean of Instruction Al Dimmitt, Co-Advisors Mke Korklan and Zola Gordy, and the chapter president Nicholas Perez.
New members are selected and inducted each semester. According to the Phi Theta Kappa website, the requirements are precise:
- you must be enrolled in a regionally accredited institution offering an associate degree program;
- you must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible);
- you must generally have a grade point average of 3.5;
- you must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled;
- you must adhere to the moral standards of the society.
Let’s congratulate the new members on their hardwork and success to come!