Metropolitan Community College would like to welcome the most recent additions to the MCC family.
Some tidbits about these new employees:
- Randy Ellis, campus police officer, MCC-Business & Technology and MCC-Maple Woods
- He was a police officer for 35 years, retiring in 2016. He’s excited to start a new career in college law enforcement. Favorite TV show: “Spin City.” Favorite song: “Bennie and the Jets” by Elton John.
- Virginia DeBoard, campus police officer, MCC-Penn Valley
- She comes to MCC with 27 years of experience in law enforcement, working as a sergeant and in investigations. Fun fact: She and her husband were married by Blake Shelton at a Toby Keith concert, “and I wore a red, white and blue wedding dress.”
- McKennon (Mac) DiFalco, administrative assistant, MCC-Penn Valley Instructional Services
- He served four years in the U.S. Marine Corps as an administrative specialist. “I possess the skills of Rambo, Patrick Swayze and Batman.” (He’s a fan of the campy “Batman” TV series starring Adam West. “That was the best Batman, before everything got gloomy, and he was actually kind of fun.”)
- Michael Roberts, student services specialist, MCC-Longview
- Born and raised in Preston, England, he is a huge soccer fan and has worked at colleges in both the United Kingdom and the United States. He graduated from the University of Central Missouri in December. “We don’t have community colleges in the UK, so to be able to give that level of accessibility for more students in the KC area is great.”
- Stephanie Sevedge, student services specialist, MCC-Longview
- She is not new to MCC — she spent four years as an academic advisor for the Veterans Upward Bound program at MCC-Penn Valley. She enjoys helping students meet their academic goals. Fun fact: “My husband is 7 feet tall!”