MCC’s Electric Utility Lineman program was featured on KSHB in a story about the growing shortage of skilled workers entering the electric utility career field. Click the video image below for a link to the KSHB article and video.
Below are a few facts about the Electric Utility career field:
- Over the next five years electric utility companies will need to hire 1,400 Lineman and Substation Technicians. Nationally more than 35,000 are needed in the next five years.
- More than 40% of Lineman are currently eligible for retirement.
- Average salary for a Lineman or Substation Technician is around $33.00/hr or $70,000/yr.
- It only takes one year to complete a Lineman certificate at MCC , which prepares graduates to be productive members of a Utility Lineman team on day one of employment.
- Average cost for a Lineman certificate from MCC is just under $11,000. With an estimated lifetime earning of $2.4 million over 40 years, this program offers an annual return on investment (ROI) of 14.4%.
MCC is now accepting applications for the June 2013 Lineman class. More information can be found here – http://mcckc.edu/linetech