With the addition of three sizable sponsorship gifts this week, the MCC Foundation is on track to raise more money for the 2012 Five Star Gala than in years past, according to Foundation Director Vincent Anch.
H&R Block Foundation, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and H&R Block Bank all signed on Wednesday as sponsors of the third annual event. The new sponsorships bring the gala’s current fundraising total to $106,500.
The list of sponsors to-date is as follows:
- Presenting sponsor: JE Dunn Construction Company
- Hero in Education sponsor: H&R Block Bank
- Champion in Education sponsors: Hallmark Cards, Inc. and H&R Block Foundation
- Leader in Education sponsors: Bartlett & Company, BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas City, CBIZ, KCP&L, Sprint and UMB Financial Corporation
- Table sponsors: 360 Architecture; BMO Not-for-Profit Services; BNIM; Control Service Co.; Dr. & Mrs. John Hunkeler; KPMG LLP; Lockton Companies; Mark One Electric Company; Jim and Linda Martin; Park University and Truman Medical Centers
Anch attributes the record fundraising growth to a remarkably dedicated gala committee comprised of four dozen community and civic leaders, including the foundation’s board of directors.
“We are well on our way to pass up both previous galas in attendance and income, and the gala committee and the MCC Foundation board deserve the credit,” said Anch.
The 2012 Five Star Gala will be held Thursday, March 29 at the Sheraton Crown Center. The event is chaired by Carolyn Watley, president of CBIZ and chair-elect of the MCC Foundation’s board of directors. Honorary chairs are Henry & Marion Bloch and Don and Adele Hall. The event will honor the Dunn family and proceeds benefit MCC student scholarships, emergency book funds and special campus projects.