We hope you’ll join us for MCC Night at the K on Tuesday, Sept. 13, when the Kansas City Royals take on the Oakland A’s. Details:
- Discounted tickets are available to MCC employees, students, family and friends. Tickets are $13 each, but there are service fees as well.
- Here’s the link to purchase tickets: royals.com/mccnight
- Parking at Kauffman Stadium costs $12 for cars and motorcycles, so we’re encouraging carpooling. Click here for parking information, including a map.
- The MCC contingent will sit together in the Hy-Vee View section.
- A pre-game tailgate barbecue dinner in Lot L is for MCC employees only and their guests. The MCC Foundation is hosting the tailgate, which will be catered by Jack Stack Barbecue. The menu includes brisket, turkey, baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad and soft drinks. Thank you, MCC Foundation!
- The tailgate dinner starts around 4:30 p.m. The game starts at 6:15.
- There will be limited shuttle service provided by the Royals for persons at the tailgate event who can’t walk to the stadium from Lot L.
- It will be a T-Shirt Tuesday presented by MCC, so the first 10,000 through the gates that evening will get free Bo Jackson T-shirts with MCC’s logo on the back. MCC employees and their guests can pick up T-shirts at the tailgate party while supplies last.
- The T-shirts will be available in sizes S through 2X.
- MCC, a Royals marketing partner, will be represented and promoted in various ways that night. One of our students will throw out the first pitch. An MCC honoree will sit in the Buck O’Neil Legacy Seat. The Metropolitan Chorale of Kansas City, based at MCC-Blue River, will perform the national anthem. MCC students and employees will be recognized by the in-stadium announcer.
Go Royals! Go MCC!