MCC is now in the process of developing a new strategic plan that includes the entire College community. Planning began with facilitated reviews of relevant data on each campus and input was collected from MCC employees. Strategic Plan Theme Committees (pdf) The 2016 proposed themes strategic plan themes include:
Student SuccessMetropolitan Community College will maximize student success through data-informed decisions to support excellence in teaching, learning, and student-centered support services.
- Create opportunities for faculty and staff to develop and implement instruction and support services to improve student success.
- Meet performance standards by increasing persistence, retention, and completion.
- Identify methods to improve student goal attainment.
- Create an engaging and enriching experience for the communities we serve.
- Improve communication with students regarding their academic progress and standing.
Teaching and LearningMCC will provide opportunities that enable success in academic, career, and personal pursuits by developing and delivering teaching to support learners at every stage of their lives.
- Develop current and relevant credit and non-credit curriculum to meet the needs of the communities we serve.
- Support the ongoing learning and growth of faculty through professional development opportunities and resources.
- Provide leadership for innovation and excellence in teaching.
- Provide clear pathways for students to transfer or complete degrees and certificates.
- Promote academic rigor in instruction and assessment and accountability for outcomes.
EquityMetropolitan Community College recognizes our obligation to work towards equity and to embody the values of access and excellence. We seek to provide fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement for all.
- Expand the opportunities for students, staff, faculty, and administration from under served backgrounds and communities.
- Close the achievement gap for students through the intentional use of data and metrics.
- Engage more faculty, staff, and administrators in activities that address equity, inclusion, and student success.
- Increase partnerships and programs that create more collaboration among people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Strategic Resource Development and AllocationMetropolitan Community College will ensure sound financial practices by allocating budget and resources in a manner that increases our ability to sustain and meet current and future institutional priorities while maintaining our accountability to our stakeholders.
- Create a broad strategic finance plan to support innovation in meeting education and workforce development goals in our communities.
- Improve efficient and effective use of resources with emphasis on process improvements, technology, and support of all location facilities.
- Promote data-informed innovation, intelligent risk-taking, and entrepreneurship with a focus on action, value, and the future.
- Build talent and engage employees with a focus on collaboration, application of knowledge and skills, and high performance teams.
- Build capacity for increased private fund raising while making a case for continued public support.
- Develop enrollment opportunities in new markets and underserved communities.
Culture and EnvironmentMetropolitan Community College will nurture a culture that values and respects all members of the college community and encourages collaboration within an environment of shared governance.
- Promote greater transparency, understanding, and accountability in our systems, function, and decision-making processes.
- Foster collaboration, mutual support, and professionalism at all levels to ensure a collegial work
- Develop collaboration between shared governance groups to improve communication.
- Recognize faculty, staff, and student excellence, and celebrate the achievements.
Structures and ProcessesMetropolitan Community College will increase operational efficiency by improving internal structures and processes so that our college functions more smoothly to maximize student and employee success.
- Align campus, department, and committee operating plans to college priorities.
- Systematically seek feedback from employees, students, suppliers, and partners in the cataloging, evaluation, and improvement of processes.
- Develop operational processes that support the strategic priorities identified in this plan.
- Develop on-boarding process for all employees.
- Provide clear documentation and ongoing training on processes and job expectations.
- Maximize use of technology to support our employees and students.
The work that has been accomplished to date, is only a draft and will be discussed more broadly by governance groups at all MCC locations and ultimately presented to the Board of Trustees for approval.