Do you have a family income of less than $52,000?
If so, you may be eligible so free tax filing through NextStepKC. The community-based organization is working with trained students and staff at MCC-Maple Woods to offer free state and federal income tax filing to qualified individuals.
All services are provided on the MCC-Maple Woods campus (2601 NE Barry Rd. KCMO) in the Computing/Business Building, Room 105, and are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
NOTE: You MUST bring the following items with you on the day your taxes are prepared:
1) Photo ID for both yourself and your spouse (if filing jointly)
2) Social Security cards for EVERYONE in the household, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers.
3) Last year’s income tax return
4) Income documentation forms (W-2, 1099, 1098, etc.)
5) Daycare Federal ID # (if applicable)
6) College tuition documentation (if applicable)
7) Student loan interest documentation (if applicable)
8) Mortgage interest (if applicable)
9) Property taxes
10) Charitable contributions (if applicable)
11) Paid property tax or rent documentation (if elderly or disabled)
12) Bank account and routing number for direct deposit