MCC welcomes new employees, June 2017

Metropolitan Community College would like to welcome the most recent additions to the MCC family.

Please say hello to these new employees.

From left: Toya Jenkins, Alejandra (Alex) Perez Estrada, Jordon Mendenhall, Brian Hill, Sharon Larson, Shona Garvey, Linda Thornburgh
  • Toya Jenkins, MCC-Maple Woods learning specialist
    • Jenkins is a U.S. Air Force veteran. She is currently working on her doctorate in organizational leadership for higher education administration.
  • Alejandra (Alex) Perez Estrada, MCC-Penn Valley academic advisor
    • “I have served students at a med center, a community college and at four-year research institutions. I have found that my passion is working at community colleges because of the diversity in student body.” Fun fact: “I have a part-time job as a dog walker, which I love because I get to spoil other people’s loved furry babies.”
  • Jordon Mendenhall, MCC Police dispatcher
    • Mendenhall has been a 911 dispatcher for three years and is excited to advance his career at MCC. “I am a huge animal lover. I have three dogs: two border collies and a Great Dane puppy.”
  • Brian Hill, MCC Police Officer
    • Hill worked for the Platte County Sheriff’s Office for eight years. He says MCC’s “great reputation and winning approach to education” is what drew him to the College. He is looking forward to getting to know the staff and students.
  • Sharon Larson, MCC-Longview student services technician
    • Larson ┬áis an MCC employee alum; she previously worked at MCC-Blue River. She is a proud mom of eight (four boys, four girls) and has 24 grandchildren.
  • Shona Garvey, MCC-Penn Valley student services specialist
    • Garvey worked a community college in Arizona previously. The east Tennessee native says, “I love community colleges, and MCC has a great reputation in the community.”
  • Linda Thornburgh, MCC-Penn Valley testing specialist
    • “I recently retired from public education in Kansas but wanted to continue working with young people.” Fun fact: “I was a twirler in my high school band and twirled fire.”