The MCC Super Heart Challenge is a three-week program focusing on exercise and nutrition. The goal of this challenge is to incorporate healthier foods into your diet, reduce sodium intake, and include exercise in your daily routine. Participants who complete the challenge and the final survey will be entered into a drawing for a $20.00 Hy-Vee Gift Card. Three winners will be drawn.
Super Heart Challenge Activities:
- Super Foods: A focus on replacing highly processed food with healthier foods that can be found at your local supermarket.
- Physical Activity: Throughout this challenge, be physically active with a goal of 150 minutes each week. Walk, jog, cycle, weight train, Pilates, yoga….just move!
- Sodium Reduction: Look for foods that contain less than 250 mg of sodium per serving and shoot for less than 2300 mg per day. Check labels on condiments and prepackaged foods for sodium.
- Identify the key sources of sodium in your diet by reading labels
- Moderate your intake of table salt
To register, please click the link below. Please register by Friday, February 12th at 10:00 a.m. Further instructions for participating in the challenge will be sent to registrants on Friday afternoon.