Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley is committed to female student success in college and beyond.
You are invited to join the “Women on the Move” program. The program includes activities and events that will educate and empower you, while advancing your academic goals and career. “Women on the Move” is the result of an MCC partnership with American Association of University Women (AAUW).
Leadership and fellowship activities will encourage connections with other goal oriented women. Program staff will work to help you overcome barriers to success and advocate for women’s and societal issues.
The program reception will be held Sept. 22, from noon to 1 p.m. in MCC-Penn Valley Campus
Center 503. A light lunch will be served.
For students who are involved in this program and meet criteria, there are book scholarships for spring semester 2017.
Come enjoy food and gather information about the program and the scholarship opportunities.
Please RSVP to PV.CampusLife@mcckc.edu.
Other “Women on the Move” scheduled events:
- Sept. 13: Women in Leadership-Overcoming Barriers, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., CC502
- Oct. 4: Women on the Move Coffee & Conversation, 10 a.m.-11 a.m., CC002
- Oct. 20: Women in STEM panel, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Nov. 4: Sisterhood Success Summit, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., EC019
- Nov. 16: Women Lifting Each Other Up panel, 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Nov. 17: Play “She Kills Monsters,” 7 p.m., ST101 (Theater)