In addition to degree, one lucky BT student wins $2k toolbox

DSC_0222-4
MCC-BT President Dr. Hasan Naima and Alex Brettman, MCC-BT graduate and winner of the Fall 2014 Grainger Toolbox Giveaway.

Through a generous donation from Grainger, MCC-BT is able to raffle a huge red toolbox at the end of every semester to one lucky student earning a degree or certificate.  Alex Brettman is the winner of our Fall 2014 Grainger Toolbox Giveaway.

“This toolbox is HUGE,” said Alex after getting a closeup look at his prize  “I cleaned out my car so I could haul this home, but I think I need to borrow a bigger vehicle.”

Alex worked full-time in residential maintenance and HVAC while taking night classes to earn his HVAC Associate in Applied Science degreee.  Next, he plans to pursue an Industrial Technology degree from University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg staring Spring 2015.

Industrial supply company, Grainger, has donated about 30 large toolboxes during the last five years – a value of more than $45,000.  About half of the toolboxes have been distributed to the high-tech labs at MCC-BT and the other half were stashed as raffle prizes to encourage students to apply for graduation.

To learn more about past toolbox winners, click here.

To learn more about Grainger’s commitment to technical education, click here.