FabLab membership is now FREE for all MCC students and employees. FabLab is a laboratory filled with high-tech machines and tools that allow members to conceptualize, design, develop, fabricate and test almost anything.
We boast six different prototyping technologies, three-dimensional scanning, metal working, vacuum forming, an array of wood working equipment, a plasma cutter, welding equipment, tubing bending and forming, as well as many other types of tools and technologies including a fully capable CADD and three-dimensional modeling lab. Check out some of the projects being designed and built in FabLab on our Facebook page – facebook.com/MCCFabLab.
FabLab membership requires attending a thirty minute orientation/registration session about lab safety, tool and material use, and a brief overview of the resources available to FabLab members. Orientation and registration are scheduled twice per week during Spring and Fall semesters, or by appointment with 48 hours notice. During Fall 2012 semester, orientation and registration are held Mondays at 4:00 p.m. and Thursdays at 7:00 p.m.
- Fablab is located at MCC-Business & Technology
1775 Universal Ave., Kansas City, MO 64120
Technology Center, Room 239
- It is open to all MCC students, MCC employees, students from other colleges, and the community at large
Students from area accredited colleges and community members are welcome to use FabLab for a $100/semester fee
- FabLab is open:
- Monday – Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Friday 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
FabLab tools and equipment:
- Open work tables and storage for projects
- Complete wood shop- table saw, compound miter saw, router and table, jointer, sanding station, band saws drill presses, scroll saw
- Power tools and manual hand tools
- Vacuum forming table
- Vacuum chamber for molding
- Metal working- manual mill, lathe, CNC Mills, table top micro mill and lathe
- MiG welding equipment and welding simulator
- Plasma cutter
- Industrial tubing bender/metal brake
- Air brush and airbrushing paint booth
- Laser engraver
- Three-dimensional scanner
- Three-dimensional printers (Dimension ABS, Zcorp color and monochrome, Object Alaris resin)
- Subtractive prototyper (Roland CNC Mill)
- Basic electronics equipment
- CADD workstations and software (AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks, Microstation, Revit)