Updated on March 30.
We have prepared all of the new postings for April 1, 2018. The current postings will close on March 31, 2018 and applicants will be notified that they can reapply if they are still interested.
There are a few updates and revisions to the new part-time faculty and staff postings we are excited to share.
- The external postings will no longer have the word “pool” in the title. Per applicant feedback it was confusing since we have a pool at one of campuses.
- We will add the word “internal” to the title of the internal posting when it is created to help internal users differentiate the two.
- All postings will be out until February 28, 2020.
- We are trying two-year postings to test if that is more effective for building applicant pools.
- The close date is changing to the end of February instead of March.
- Part-time faculty minimum qualifications have been revised.
Original post on March 21.
Metropolitan Community College is getting close to the annual date when we close the part-time faculty and staff postings and place a new posting out for applicants to apply to.
Please refer to the dates below to make sure you have all your hiring completed out of the current postings by March 24, 2018.
There will be one week (March 26, 2018 – March 30, 2018) that no new internal postings will be created and those existing will be completed and hired. All new internal posting will begin again on April 1, 2018.
Important upcoming dates for hiring Part-Time Faculty and Staff!!
March 22, 2018 – Last day to start a new internal posting until April 1, 2018.
March 22, 2018 – March 24, 2018 – All internal posting must be completed and to status of HR for hiring.
March 26, 2018 – March 30, 2018 – All Hiring Proposal will be finalized/hired by HR.
March 30, 2018 – HR will cancel any unused internal posting.
March 31, 2018 – At 11:59PM the current part-time faculty and staff (pool) posting will close. HR will create new postings that will go live at 12:00AM on April 1, 2018.
April 1, 2018 – All new pool postings will be out on our website. All applicants will be invited to reapply they are still interested in a position at MCC.
**The process for hiring Student Workers and Federal Work Study will not be affected by these dates. We will send out communication regarding these posting types in May. **
We continue to offer training sessions, and you are always welcome to attend again for a refresher.